We recently served this new version of the classic BLT with some guests... It was a BIG HIT !
1/2 lb Hickory smoked bacon
3 green onions
16oz ricotta cheese
White truffle oil
2 head belgium endive
1. Cook 1/2 pound of hickory smoked bacon until very crisp pat with paper towel to remove excess fat
2. Cool to room temperature and corsely chop
3. Chop 3 scallions
4. Incorporate bacon, scallions and 2 tablespoons of white truffle oil (spring of this ingredient its worth it ).
5. With 16 oz of ricotta cheese - chill for at least 1 hour
6. Separate the leaves from the head of endive
7. Fill each endive with a tablespoon of the cheese mixture
8. Garnish with sliced red cherry tomatoes
9. Drizzle with a little truffle oil
Serve with a lightly oaked Chardonnay.
Two Lake Geneva locals with a two glass minimum... simply put, we're the Wine Guys!